Since its inception, The Dalhousie Golf Club has been honoured by having successive Earls of Dalhousie as its Patron. As is recorded elsewhere in this history it was the 11th Earl who first granted a site for a clubhouse and permission to play golf on the links in 1868.
In much more recent times, the Club has been delighted to have the presence of the present Earl, the 17th, as a guest at the annual dinner and also in a golf match on the Championship Course.
The Patrons over the past 14 decades have been:
1868-1874 Fox Maule, 11th Earl of Dalhousie
1874-1880 George, 12th Earl of Dalhousie
1880-1887 John William, 13th Earl of Dalhousie
1904-1928 Arthur George, 14th Earl of Dalhousie
1928-1950 John Gilbert, 15th Earl of Dalhousie
1950-1999 Simon Ramsay, 16th Earl of Dalhousie
1999- James Hubert, 17th Earl of Dalhousie